By reading this General tire review, you’ll find out a variety of tires for different types of vehicles and driving conditions this tire manufacturer produces. General Tire has been around for over 100 years, and is known for their durable and robust tire. They have a wide range of tire suited for all terrains, from paved roads to uncharted territory. With experience in the tire industry and as part of Continental – a leading tyre manufacturer based in Germany – General Tire is a brand you can rely on no matter how challenging the terrain may be! Whether you are driving on paved roads or navigating through rugged terrain, General Tire has the perfect tire for your needs. They can be used on a variety of vehicles, including cars, trucks, and vans. General tires come in a variety of sizes to fit different types of vehicles.
General tires Review – Pros and Cons
- Designed for a wide range of driving conditions, making them a versatile option.
- They provide good traction in wet and icy conditions.
- Their tread pattern is also designed to resist hydroplaning.
- Wear down more quickly than specific tires for a certain vehicle.
- May not provide the best traction or handling for a particular vehicle.
- May not be the best option for winter driving.
Best General Tires Based on Vehicle Type and Driving Condition
Altimax Arctic 12 – Best Winter Tire
If you’re looking for a great winter tire, the AltiMAX Arctic 12 from General is an excellent choice. Featuring a highly directional tread pattern and a winter-focused compound, this tire is designed to provide confident performance and traction in dry, wet, and snowy conditions. With high voids and angled grooves, the AltiMAX Arctic 12 evacuates water and slush quickly to resist hydroplaning. And with the 3PMSF symbol, you can be sure that this tire meets the industry’s severe snow service requirements.
Grabber Arctic – Best Light Truck / SUV
General Tire’s newest winter tire is the Grabber Arctic. It is designed for drivers of pickup trucks, sport utility vehicles, and vans looking for traction on winter’s slushy, snow-covered, and icy roads. The Grabber Arctic is molded to accommodate optional metal studs and features a robust cut- and chip-resistant winter compound that maintains flexibility in freezing temperatures. The Grabber Arctic also has a broad, directional tread design with a central row of tread blocks flanked by independent intermediate blocks and squared-off shoulders. These features work together to increase three-dimensional traction in deep snow.
G-MAX Justice – Best Performance All-Season
Looking for a durable and dependable high-performance all-season tire? Look no further than the G-MAX Justice from General Tires. Specifically designed for law enforcement vehicles and high-speed pursuits, this tire offers precise handling, all-season traction, and satisfying tread life. With a silica-rich compound molded into an asymmetric tread pattern, the G-MAX Justice is equipped with SmartGrip technology for optimal steering response and grip as well as StabiliTread technology to reduce tread stress for prolonged tread life. Two wide steel belts and two polyamide reinforcement plies provide high-speed handling and durability.
G-MAX RS – Best Performance Summer
If you’re looking for a high-performance summer tire, the General G-MAX RS is an excellent option. It has a directional tread pattern that provides confident on-center feel and sporty handling, as well as resistance to hydroplaning. The G-MAX RS also utilizes General’s SmartMonitor Technology, which warns drivers when the tire reaches 2/32″ remaining tread depth. So if you’re looking for bold performance in warm, dry and wet conditions, the G-MAX RS is a great choice.
GRABBER A/TX – Best Off-Road All-Terrain
If you’re looking for a tough all-terrain tire that can handle a of conditions, the General Grabber A/TX is an excellent choice. Developed for drivers of pickup trucks, work vans and full-size SUVs, this tire provides confident traction on pavement, in dirt, wet conditions and even light snow. With a tough compound molded into an all-terrain tread pattern, Comfort Balance Technology and stone bumpers to eject rocks and debris, the Grabber A/TX is designed to provide long life and durability. Whether you’re looking for enhanced traction on ice and packed snow, or improved grip in dirt, wet conditions and light snow, this General tire has you covered. So if you’re looking for a rugged all-terrain tire that can handle anything the road throws at you, the General Grabber A/TX is definitely the right choice.
Why Choose General tire?
General Tires has a long and successful history of changing and improving its tire designs. As a result, the safety, performance, and driving feel have only gotten better over time. But despite all the changes, there are still some core aspects that remain unchanged.
General Tires is one of the pioneers in the application of modern technology.
The rigid side walls, wear-resistant compounds, and sturdy construction of General products make them very durable. These models are designed to resist impact with their impressive build quality.
When it comes to quality tires, General Tires is a brand that you can trust. Their history of designing and improving their products means that you can count on them to deliver a product that is both safe and performs well. In addition, their modern technology and impressive durability make them a great choice for anyone looking for a reliable tire.
General Tires Review FAQ
- Who Makes General tires? – General Tires is a subsidiary of Continental Tire the Americas, LLC. Continental Tire the Americas, LLC is a company headquartered in Fort Mill, South Carolina that specializes in the production of tires. In addition to General Tires, they also produce tires under other brands such as Continental, Hankook, and Uniroyal.
- Is General tires a Good Brand? – General Tires is a reliable brand that offers quality products. Their tires are designed to provide a safe and smooth ride, no matter the terrain. In addition, their durability means that you can count on them to last for a long time. So if you’re looking for a quality tire brand, General Tires is definitely a good choice.
- Who Sells General tires? – General tires can be purchase online at tirerack.com, and most tire replacement shops nearby. You can also view a list of General tires for sale here.
- How Long do General tires Last? – On average, a set of general tires will last for about 40,000 miles. However, this number can vary depending on a number of factors such as the type of driving you do, the type of tire, and the climate. So if you’re looking for a general estimate, 40,000 miles is a good place to start.
- What is the warranty on General tires? – The Limited Warranty and Adjustment Policy applies to all General Passenger and Light Truck Tires for a maximum of 72 months from the date of purchase.